Need to downsize a property? If you are looking out for why you should work with Keller Williams, this is a must-read! Selling your home because it’s too big and because your life stage has changed? The rule of thumb is that the average family in SA will move every 5 to 10 years and if that’s true then why would that be? How can Keller Williams help you get started when you realise it’s time to downsize?
The empty nest syndrome is often a difficult time for some parents, especially if your family has always been close. This is a time when your children who, up till now have been the centre of your universe grow up. Your kids may not even be living at home anymore. This is not a great time for some parents, emotionally.
The realization that you don’t need so much space
When you realise that you and your spouse are sharing a great big home that is too big for you and that you only see your kids on weekends or once a week for a planned dinner that’s when you just know. That’s when you realise it may be time to downsize. You may be thinking about how to start the process to sell. Well at Keller Williams you can get an accurate and free property valuation to get the ball rolling. And we also understand that when you downsize, this can often lead to further savings in many households. Savings on a wide range of things could include:
- The costs of a full-time domestic worker,
- A full-time gardener,
- Insurance costs (HOC and short-term),
- Water and Lights,
- Medical Aid,
- Pocket money and more.
Partnering with a Keller Williams Estate Agent
No matter what life stage you find yourself in, the reality is that if you are planning on downsizing, there are always families that are planning on upsizing. If you live in a residential area close to popular feeder schools, you are quite possibly in a highly sought-after area that would bode well when you sell your home. If your suburb is popular but the demand for homes is greater than the number of homes on sale, this would also bode well to the asking price you could consider. Downsizing your home may even mean that you can sell your home for something a little smaller, possibly more secure, and where your monthly costs would be reduced quite significantly. Whether you are keeping 1 or 2 cars there are even further downsizing opportunities that could lead to savings if need be. Partnering with the right estate agent is key. And we recommend that you BET ON RED.
In reality, you are a little older and wiser than many of the younger, starting out life stages there may be quite a few challenges that no longer concern you. You may not need to beat the early morning or home-time traffic to drop or fetch kids from school. Gone are the days where you need to be the first at work. As a more established family, you have options that a younger starting-out family with a different life stage does not have. This is all-important when you decide to downsize. Also, remember that Keller Williams has almost 1,500 agents countrywide that will all leverage their buyers to your property, meaning we can close a transaction faster. You see, we call it a win-win solution for all. Be sure to check out why partnering for success is so key. And leveraging and partnering is a key pillar to our beliefs as a brand.
What the stats say
Downsizing your home due to a change in your life stage is still the top reason for selling property in South Africa. FNB reckons that in 2018 a property sale due to a change in a life stage accounted for a whopping 23% of all sales. That’s significant in the SA property market. That’s almost 1 in 4 sales in 2018.
But, please consider:
- Are you are ready to downsize – take your time and remember this is the pudding phase of your life. You want to be ready to take the next step.
- Downsize to the right size – Choose your next home that is the right size. Not too big and not too small. Too small and you’ll feel cramped. Too big and you’ll be reminded of your empty nest.
- Decide where to live? And, two extremes exist. Live close to your kids or move far away and get a fresh start. You should decide carefully.
- Partner with an agent who understands your situation. Remember your home may need remodeling or a few upgrades which will cost you money. Consider your agent’s advice carefully. You will want to sell quickly and for the right price.
- Let us find your next property when you scale down. Click here to view all our listings, anywhere in SA.
No matter what your life stage is, the property market is fluid. And many estate agents come and go. Some estate agents are skilled, knowledgeable, and successful, some are not. No matter what your reason for selling is (good or bad) there will always be property to sell or buy. There will always be families going through different life stages. Take your time and make sure you are ready before you take the plunge.
Keller Williams SA is the biggest and we are the best!
Simply, Keller Williams is the franchised largest real estate brand in the world. We are by all accounts the fastest-growing franchised estate agency in SA. With almost 1,500 estate agents working under the various market centres (Keller Williams Select, Keller Williams Eden, Keller Williams Clockwork, etc) all our market centres, leadership and agents join forces to sell your property. If you are thinking about selling your property we can most certainly help. The good news is that we have almost 1,500 agents who will help you sell your property. And that’s with 1 board on your pavement. Keller Williams is all about creating a win-win solution for all our stakeholders across the value chain or the deal is off. Keller Williams is also able to boast internationally about leading the curve in terms of training, be that local or international. Click here to book your valuation.
Get in touch if you need a valuation
So, if you need a valuation done on a property in Randburg or elsewhere in SA, I can help. Give me, Sandy Graham a call or send me a WA to (083) 550-1220. Alternatively, drop me an e-mail at email@example.com. I have a vast network of almost 1,500 top Keller Williams agents at my fingertips who are all just dying for the opportunity to partner with you to sell and conclude your property transaction in record time.
If you want to view all the Keller Williams properties across the country click on our website to start the search for your dream home.
- Need to book a property valuation in Boskruin?
- Need to book a property valuation in Bromhof?
- Need to book a property valuation in Sundowner?
- Need to book a property valuation in Malanshof?
Estate Agents – want to know more about KW?
Keller Williams (USA) is a top real estate brand to work for. If you are an estate agent and want to know a little more drop me an e-mail. If you would like to leverage world-class technology to the benefit of all our stakeholders across the value chain and end up with a win-win every time, then let’s touch base. Also, read what makes Keller Williams the best!
Need to read up on more articles that you may find valuable, be sure to read through some of our content and advice:
- Randburg property trends (Oct 2021).
- Property prices in Bromhof
- Property prices in Boskruin
- Property prices in Sundowner
- Moving home to get your little ones into the best schools in Randburg
- Buyer costs
- Keller Williams a true disruptor to the real estate market in SA
- Downsizing your property?
- Properties for sale
- Selling a sectional title unit
- What goes into preparing an accurate property valuation?
- What’s my property worth?
- Do you need a free property valuation?
- The importance of setting the right asking price when you sell your home
- A Mandate and its Merit
- Tips when selling property in a buyer’s market.
- Sell your home fast but declutter 1st
- Homeowner tips when selling property – bathrooms definitely sell homes
- Tips when selling a property – Kitchens help to sell homes too
- Here are some tips to sell a property fast – Kiddie’s bedrooms
- Need some tips to sell a property – Master bedrooms
- Homeowner tips to sell a property fast – Lounge or TV room
- Need some tips to sell a property – Small but trendy home office
Get Pre-Approved Finance
Property Transfers and conveyancing