Sell my property, but I need to do up my TV room first. There is only 1 chance to make a good first impression and that comes when you home stage your TV room. And rest assured when you are thinking of selling your home, the TV room is normally where the family gravitates to before and after a meal, making the TV room a very well-used room in your home.
Why home stage your TV room?
Remember that home staging in a way will help you get your home ready for the sales process. Ideally, this will mean that you should stage the room before you get the agents in to take the most gorgeous photos of your home. This also means that you can already start to see which demographic is buying homes in your suburb. In fact, P24 has repeatedly confirmed that generally, the folk that are selling are in the 49+ age group. The younger folk are buying properties in the more established suburbs.
Easy tips to home stage your TV room
Planning to home stage your TV room, especially in a buyer’s market? Here are some handy tips if you are planning on a bit of home staging of your very own. These tips are practical and you can get by on a shoestring budget if you stick to the basics.
- Declutter – put everything away that you possibly can. Pack a box if need be, you will have less to move.
- Clean then clean again – a clean home always looks its best. Wash and wipe everything.
- Paint – you will know if you need it and trust us a fresh coat that covers up a gaudy colour with something a little more muted. You want your TV room to appeal to more buyers.
- Update the look – clean the carpet, add some new colourful cushions and update the look at the same time.
- Depersonalise – remove as many personal effects and especially family photos.
- Organise and pack away – Display items in odd groupings of 3, 5 or 7.
- Move your furniture around – ensure furniture is arranged to promote conversation?
- Re-purpose furniture – you are going for the minimalist look. Move furniture out that you don’t need.
- Lights – do you finally need to invest in a modern standing lamp that sheds more light in the room? Remember you will take the lamp with you when you move so think of it as an investment.
- Freshen up – clean the curtains as well they will look and smell clean too.
- Liven things up – a nice, healthy indoor plant will liven the room up a bit as well. Another reason to shop.
Help prospective buyers to fall in love with your home
You don’t have to do a great deal to help prospective buyers to fall in love with your home. It’s easier than you think. And, a common misconception that homeowners have is that every room should be home staged. Not at all. If you know that you should home stage your TV room as a priority, then focus on that. Remember the goal you are going for is to show off your home and to make sure that your home looks at its best. It’s about the home, not the home décor.
Finally, remember that when you home stage your TV room this is but one room that can go a long way to selling your home faster and for a better price. All the effort and potentially the small investment you will make will be far less expensive than reducing your asking price.
Keller Williams SA is the biggest and we are the best!
Simply, Keller Williams is the franchised largest real estate brand in the world. We are by all accounts the fastest-growing franchised estate agency in SA. With almost 1,500 estate agents working under the various market centres (Keller Williams Select, Keller Williams Eden, Keller Williams Clockwork, etc) all our market centres, leadership and agents join forces to sell your property. If you are thinking about selling your property we can most certainly help. The good news is that we have almost 1,500 agents who will help you sell your property. And that’s with 1 board on your pavement. Keller Williams is all about creating a win-win solution for all our stakeholders across the value chain or the deal is off. Keller Williams is also able to boast internationally about leading the curve in terms of training, be that local or international. Click here to book your free property valuation.
Get in touch
So, if you need a valuation done on a property anywhere in Randburg or elsewhere in SA, we can help. Give us a call on telephone number (064) 549-3123. Alternatively, drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a vast network of almost 1,500 top Keller Williams agents at our fingertips who are all just dying for the opportunity to partner with you to sell and conclude your property transaction in record time.
If you want to view all the Keller Williams properties across the country click on our website to start the search for your dream home.
- Need to book a property valuation in Boskruin?
- Need to book a property valuation in Bromhof?
- Need to book a property valuation in Sundowner?
- Need to book a property valuation in Malanshof?
Estate Agents – want to know more about KW?
Keller Williams (USA) is a top real estate brand to work for. If you are an estate agent and want to know a little more drop me an e-mail. If you would like to leverage world-class technology to the benefit of all our stakeholders across the value chain and end up with a win-win every time, then let’s touch base. Also, read what makes Keller Williams the best!
Need to read up on more articles that you may find valuable, be sure to read through some of our content and advice:
- Randburg property trends (Oct 2021).
- Property prices in Bromhof
- Property prices in Boskruin
- Property prices in Sundowner
- Moving home to get your little ones into the best schools in Randburg
- Buyer costs
- Keller Williams a true disruptor to the real estate market in SA
- Downsizing your property?
- Properties for sale
- Selling a sectional title unit
- What goes into preparing an accurate property valuation?
- What’s my property worth?
- Do you need a free property valuation?
- The importance of setting the right asking price when you sell your home
- A Mandate and its Merit
- Tips when selling property in a buyer’s market.
- Sell your home fast but declutter 1st
- Homeowner tips when selling property – bathrooms definitely sell homes
- Tips when selling a property – Kitchens help to sell homes too
- Here are some tips to sell a property fast – Kiddie’s bedrooms
- Need some tips to sell a property – Master bedrooms
- Homeowner tips to sell a property fast – Lounge or TV room
- Need some tips to sell a property – Small but trendy home office
Get Pre-Approved Finance
Property Transfers and conveyancing