Should I sell my home before I start the process to buy my next home? This is a true story!
Heather and Tom who live in Douglasdale have decided it’s time to scale down. And started by putting the cart before the horse. Heather is in her 80’s and Top is in his late 70’s. They will sell their home in Douglasdale and be able to make a cash offer, but they started the other way around. You see when you sell your home, especially if you have no bond over the property, you will effectively be buying your next home for Cash! And we all know Cash is King.
When in Heather and Tom’s situation, you decide to buy before you sell, the reality is that when you put in an offer as they did, TWICE, you are putting in a conditional offer. Meaning, they are unable at this point to buy for Cash. They put in 2 offers which they lost because they had not started the process to sell their home. And what’s more, their offer was conditional on them selling their home. The other side to the coin if they had at least listed and sold their property is that offer would be conditional on the transfer of their property.
Comparing 2 offers
As an estate agent working for the largest real estate brand in the world, this is covered in training more often than you know. How to compare offers and how to present the information to the seller. You see in Heather and Tom’s situation there were valid cash offers on both offers that they submitted. Both offers were declined because the risk as a seller is too high that the buyer will not sell their home in time and that this would create unnecessary delays with the transfer of the property.
So how do you get started?
Get an agent from Keller Williams Select to pop in to do a valuation. It’s free and an experienced agent will outline the benefits of putting your house on the market before you start shopping. Understand what your home is really worth in the current market. This will give you an idea of what you can buy for in terms of cash and what you will have left as the proceeds of the sale.
Sell your house now with Keller Williams Select
Keller Williams is the largest real estate brand in the world. On quite a few levels too. We have the highest turnover globally; we have the highest agent count and trust me we have the best business model in the world. Our culture is based on “together we can do more”, meaning our agents and our business model encourage sharing. This works for you as a seller because when we get a listing, we share the listing with other Keller Williams agents and across market centres. We can therefore be certain when we claim “we can sell your home faster” to be true.
Get a free property valuation today
A property valuation is always free. No questions asked. It will take a Keller Williams agent a few minutes to get eyes-on-your property and within a day or so with quite a bit of research a good agent will follow company guidelines and provide you with a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) which will outline and confirm the prices of transferred properties in your suburb and complex. This review includes research into the current market. All valuations should include a CMA and should always be provided in writing.
Let us help you get it right
Selling a home, especially in Heather and Tom’s situation is a big deal. They own a 3-bedroom home with 4 reception rooms. Their property is large, and they will need some time to sell and donate furniture they will not need. Plus, they are in their 70’s and 80’s so this will be a big ask before they can reasonably move. As an agent, I also know they will need the contact I have to help them through the journey, and they will need a little more TLC than usual.
Get in touch
So, if you need a valuation done on a property anywhere in Randburg or elsewhere in SA, we can help. Give us a call on telephone number (064) 549-3123. Alternatively, drop us an e-mail at email@example.com. We have a vast network of almost 1,500 top Keller Williams agents at our fingertips who are all just dying for the opportunity to partner with you to sell and conclude your property transaction in record time.
If you want to view all the Keller Williams properties across the country click on our website to start the search for your dream home.
Need to read up on more articles that you may find valuable, be sure to read through some of our content and advice:
- Randburg property trends
- Property prices in Bromhof
- Sundowner property prices
- Trends and property prices in Boskruin
- Moving home to get your little ones into the best schools in Randburg
- Buyer costs
- Seller costs
- Keller Williams a true disruptor to the real estate market in SA
- Downsize your property?
- Properties for sale
- Selling a sectional title unit
- Avoid a bank repossession
- The beauty of owning property in Boskruin, Randburg
- Boskruin property prices by room count
- What goes into preparing an accurate property valuation?
- What’s my property worth?
- Do you need a free property valuation?
- The importance of setting the right asking price when you sell your home
- A Mandate and its Merit
- Tips when selling property in a buyer’s market.
- Sell your home fast but declutter 1st
- Tips when selling in a buyer’s market
- Homeowner tips when selling property – bathrooms definitely sell homes
- Tips when selling a property – Kitchens help to sell homes too
- Here are some tips to sell a property fast – Kiddie’s bedrooms
- Need some tips to sell a property – Master bedrooms
- Homeowner tips to sell a property fast – Lounge or TV room
- Need some tips to sell a property – Small but trendy home office
- 10 surprising things that affect the value of your property
Get Pre-Approved Finance
Property Transfers and conveyancing
- Sell my house and let’s consider the process and the costs when you sell
- The Electrical Compliance Certificate
- Navigating a deceased estate
- Is your Offer to Purchase valid?