Emigrating from South Africa for greener pastures. Let’s look at who is emigrating and why if it is not already painfully clear already. If as a South African you are also considering leaving SA, then you are not alone, and not by a long shot.
Reasons for selling a property in 2022:
- The 2021 unrest across the country, concentrated in KZN is a key driver.
- Families or older couples wanting to downscale is another factor.
- More families are relocating to the coast or semigration as it’s known is a trend that keeps climbing. Families getting off the treadmill opting for a less complicated and stressful life is also a growing trend.
- Deceased estates, although always a factor has been a contender in the property sales market and more so since Covid hit us in SA.
- Finally, emigrating to live abroad, is still a key factor when considering why South Africans are selling properties and moving to other countries.
Emigrating is not a new concept in SA
Emigrating to live abroad is also called the brain drain as it’s known sees South Africans leaving our beloved country for a number of reasons:
- The socio-political environment.
- Disillusionment with the government.
- High unemployment.
- The reality of our crime stats.
- Loadshedding and more.
Where are our South Africans going?
According to a wide array of industries, that include (relocation experts, researchers, and professional bodies), SA citizens are leaving for:
- The United Kingdom.
- The Economic Union.
- New Zealand.
Recently quoted, emigration increased significantly between 2015 and 2019 rising from 5% om 2015 to 13,4% om 2019. The numbers are expected to keep going up though, especially thanks to the KZN unrest in 2021.
KZN sales numbers
Significantly, the KZN province saw an increase in selling due to security concerns. The number of properties for sale in KZN is noted at 11% versus 8% and 7% for the previous quarters of 2021. Finally, we are still not certain whether this trend will continue or whether it was a justifiable knee-jerk reaction to the riots.
Which sectors are emigrating?
The emigration trend, whilst it cannot be ignored, is still noted at 8% of reasons for selling. But it’s the wealthier South Africans that are most likely to emigrate. When we stay wealthy South Africans, we also refer to this market segment as sellers of properties above the R3,5m mark which represents 14%. This 14% is up the previous 13% and at R2,6m to R3,6m house price band.
Which age groups are emigrating?
Sadly, as quoted by PPS it’s noted that around 25% of the group’s clients with new graduate professionals with honors-level or higher qualifications are leaving for reasons of emigration. Also and sadly, this is the group that has decided it’s time even before they get invested in the country. And with good reason too, sadly. Our children need a future, and their children need a future.
Emigrating and need to know what your property is worth?
Let Keller Williams Select do a free property valuation. We will provide you with an accurate market-related price when you decide it’s time to sell. Keller Williams is also the largest real estate brand in the world. Largest, by turnover globally, agent number, and more. In summary, we are the biggest and we are the best. We are the best because we can sell a property faster than any other brand out there. We can also assist with relocation to other countries because we are a global company. Book your free property valuation today.
Get in touch
So, if you need a valuation done on a property anywhere in Randburg or elsewhere in SA, we can help. Give us a call on telephone number (064) 549-3123. Alternatively, drop us an e-mail at email@example.com. We have a vast network of almost 1,500 top Keller Williams agents at our fingertips who are all just dying for the opportunity to partner with you to sell and conclude your property transaction in record time.
If you want to view all the Keller Williams properties across the country click on our website to start the search for your dream home.
Whether you are buying a property or selling a property, we cover a wide range of areas that can be successfully navigated to successfully conclude a property sale. So, whether you are selling in order to buy, buying for the first time or need to consider a rental of your home or investment property, Keller Williams Select can assist. And what you cannot find, ask us and if we need to get you some expert property advice, we can help with that too.
Do you need to read up on more articles that you may find valuable, be sure to read through some of our content and advice:
- Randburg property trends
- Property prices in Bromhof
- Sundowner property prices
- Trends and property prices in Boskruin
- Moving home to get your little ones into the best schools in Randburg
- Buyer costs
- Seller costs
- Keller Williams a true disruptor to the real estate market in SA
- Downsize your property?
- Properties for sale
- Selling a sectional title unit
- Avoid a bank repossession
- The beauty of owning property in Boskruin, Randburg
- Boskruin property prices by room count
- What goes into preparing an accurate property valuation?
- What’s my property worth?
- Do you need a free property valuation?
- The importance of setting the right asking price when you sell your home
- A Mandate and its Merit
- Tips when selling property in a buyer’s market.
- Sell your home fast but declutter 1st
- Tips when selling in a buyer’s market
- Homeowner tips when selling property – bathrooms definitely sell homes
- Tips when selling a property – Kitchens help to sell homes too
- Here are some tips to sell a property fast – Kiddie’s bedrooms
- Need some tips to sell a property – Master bedrooms
- Homeowner tips to sell a property fast – Lounge or TV room
- Need some tips to sell a property – Small but trendy home office
- 10 surprising things that affect the value of your property
Get Pre-Approved Finance
Property Transfers and conveyancing
- Sell my house and let’s consider the process and the costs when you sell
- The Electrical Compliance Certificate
- Navigating a deceased estate
- Is your Offer to Purchase valid?